Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. Kino College accepts Title IV funding for Direct Loans/Pell Grant; Cash Pay or Private Loan source. Qualified individuals who choose to accept any financial aid offers are responsible to repay any loans, private or Title IV, regardless of whether the student is successful in completing the program and obtaining employment.

Kino College does not participate in Federal Work Study, but does participate in the following programs:

Pell Grant

The Pell Grant is the largest federal grant program offered to undergraduates and is designed to assist students from low-income households. A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid, except under certain circumstances. To qualify for a Pell Grant, a student must demonstrate financial need through the Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA®) form. The grant available will depend on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC), the cost of attendance, and the Pell Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU).

William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program

  • Student loans provided by the U.S. Department of Education to enable a student to pay for education after high school.
  • Eligible students borrow directly from the U.S. Department of Education to attend participating schools.
  • Direct Loans include the following types of federal student loans: Direct Subsidized Loans, Direct Unsubsidized Loans, and Direct PLUS Loans. You repay your Direct Loan(s) to the U.S. Department of Education through your federal loan servicer.
  • Parent Plus loans (Dependent Students Only) can assist in covering the cost of attendance. Your Financial Aid Administrator will discuss this option with you.
  • All student and Parent PLUS loans will be submitted to NSLDS (National Student Loan Data System) and accessible by authorized agencies, lenders, and institutions.

Financial Aid student eligibility criteria and general information can be found at All Title IV funds are awarded based on each student’s individual eligibility. All Title IV financial aid funds received by the Institution will be credited to the student's account in accordance with federal regulations.


A student’s eligibility will be determined by filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application can be found online at The student must be fully enrolled at Kino College before any Title IV aid will be disbursed on the student’s behalf.

All information regarding student loans and Parent PLUS loans will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and will be accessible by servicers, lenders and institutions determined to be authorized users of the data system. The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education’s online database for federal student loan borrowers. NSLDS receives data from schools, loan guarantee agencies, the Direct Loan program and other Department of Education programs. This web-based resource provides you with access to the details of your loans.

Once a valid FAFSA has been received on campus, the financial aid award will be presented to the student. At this time, a financial aid representative will contact the student to inform them of the financial aid award, terms and conditions of the student loan(s) as well as the student’s right to decline any aid. Regardless, if a student is new or continuing; the same financial aid process applies for determining eligibility.

If the student has Title IV loans in repayment, they may defer repayment on the loans while enrolled full time at Kino College. For assistance in deferring student loans, please contact the financial aid department at 520-202-2737 or email us at

All students maintain the right to reject any financial aid or other assistance. A financial aid representative is available for questions and assistance including information on terms of the student loan(s) received as part of the financial assistance package, loan repayment schedules and the necessity for repaying loans.

Please refer to our website: for more information on graduation rates, placement rates, student loan debt and other consumer information required by the U.S. Department of Education.

Kino College uses a national average for the cost of attendance expenses based on the College Board for our area. The budgeting figures for the Award Year budgets are calculated by multiplying the advertised completion time of each program by the monthly figure for each budget component. All financial aid authorization paperwork is completed during orientation, and during each disbursement thereafter. Please contact the Financial Aid department for further information.


Students choosing to participate in Federal Financial Aid will be contacted to communicate the student’s estimated total award, make decisions on all loans, and, if accepting loans, to complete Loan Counseling. The student is also required to complete the Department of Education online Entrance Counseling (EC) session at and sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) at  Loan Entrance Counseling will review information such as the Financial Aid Award Letter, Title IV Authorization Form and the Master Promissory Note (MPN). Students choosing to participate in Federal Financial Aid must complete the online Entrance Loan Counseling prior to any funds being disbursed. A student is processed on their first hour of class (hour 1). Any student borrowing funds for the first time will experience a delay of Direct Loan disbursement for 30 days and Pell Grant; if applicable, is received first. Upon completion, withdrawal or termination of a program, a student who has received student loans must complete an exit interview with the Financial Aid representative. The online Exit Counseling must be completed at before the student will be considered having met all graduation requirements and is mandatory for financial aid purposes.

Students must maintain a 67% in attendance and a minimum 2.0 GPA in order to be considered making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in a program for the purpose of receiving financial assistance. Students who fail to meet minimum requirements for attendance or academic progress are placed on warning and considered to be making satisfactory academic progress while during the warning period. Students who fail to meet minimum requirements for attendance or academic progress after the warning period will be placed on probation and considered to be making satisfactory academic progress while during the probationary period, if the student appeals the decision, and prevails upon appeal. Please refer to the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) section in our catalog for more information.


You must repay your federal student loans, even if you:

  • Don't complete your program of study.
  • Can't find employment after graduation.
  • Aren't satisfied with or didn't receive the education or other services you expected and paid for with your federal student loans.
  • Borrow as a last resort and only borrow what you need.
  • You don't have to borrow the maximum amount of federal student loans each year; you can request a lower amount through your school's financial aid office.